Plans for 2019
Same as I say every year
- At least one gaming session a week
- Run Deep Fried Lard 2019
I had a few games of CoC and IABSM using my France 1940 forces instead of the normal Normandy 1944 late last year and found it all a refreshing change of pace. I’m planning more of these for 2019.
Having built a load of scenery I really need to play Gaslands a bit more and I hope to play some games with my son. That will probably be fantasy or science fiction (possibly Kill Team from GW).
Sharp Practice is sure to get a played few times again this year and I’ll be surprised if Too the Strongest doesn’t show up on my most played list again, despite the fact that I don’t have any figures for it. .
Having missed my target for 2018 I’m going to try for it again.
2,000 points in the TooFatLardies Painting Challenge 2019. Specific plans.
- 15mm Blitzkrieg CoC: I made a start on this in 2018, with core platoons for French Infantry forom A DI (Division Infanterie) or DIm (Division Infanterie Motorisée), German Infantry (normal from an Infantry Division or Schützen from a Panzer Division) but my plan for 2018 is to add some more French troops (Motocyclistes and perhaps some Dragon Portés) and a comprehensive selection of supports for both Germans and French, as I write this in mid-February I’ve made a good start here.
- 10mm WWII for IABSM: Another failed target from last year.
I still need to finish off my French with some mounted cavalry and still need to buy transports for my Dragons Portés and fill in with a few bits and bobs.
- 28mm Napoleonics for Sharp Practice: My British naval landing party needs finished off and I’ve got to paint a couple of rather nice boats that a friend gave me. The unpainted lead pile includes some Spanish Garrochistas from Eagle Figures, and Perry French Artillery, while in plastics I have some French Dragoons (Perry) and a large number of British Line Infantry. Hopefully I’ll get some of these painted by the end of the year.
- Fantasy: I signed up for the Reaper Bones 4 Kickstarter (I just had to buy the skeleton dragon and bought a few more things while I was at it) and I’m expecting a delivery with a lot of undead types in March.
- Warhammer 40K: I’ve been adding to a Space Marine force I’ve been building with my son for almost twenty years now and I’ll probably do a bit more of that in 2019.
- WWII: I need to get some scenery done in three different scales – 6mm, 10mm and 15mm.
As per usual this is almost certain to change as new shiny stuff catches my eye. Specifically
- British for my Blitzkrieg CoC project.
- 15mm Gurkhas for Burma – I’ve still got all the Japanese I need and still there’s nobody to fight them. I really like the look of these Gurkhas from Eureka Miniatures.